- Uninstall any antivirus client installed and reboot the server.
- Set the Powershell script execution level to unrestricted.
- Create a Snapshot/backup of the server.
- Start the upgrade.
- Keep an eye on the WMI service. The moment it gets disabled by the installer re-enable it and start it.
- Wait until the installation Finishes then reboot the server.
- Reinstall the antivirus client.
- Snapshot/backup the server.
Restart any Blackberry servers you may have which rely on this server.
If your Exchange server is a VMWare VM and it is sitting on NetApp Storage follow these instructions:
- Disable/Stop the SnapDrive and SnapManager Services before commencing with the installation.
- After the installation has completed, check that the SnapDrive and SnapManager services have restarted; check the SnapDrive software loads the LUNs correctly.
If you are running the Trend Micro Office Scan client:
- Uninstall Trend Micro Office Scan Client and reboot the server prior to upgrading Exchange.
- Ensure that the TmListen Service is removed.
- Reinstall the Trend Micro Office Scan Client once the upgrade completes.