If you are trying to install the Exchange Management Tools on Windows 7 32/64bit you will need to install the Windows 7 Operating System prerequisites before you will be able to install the management tools. To do this follow the instructions below:
- Open Control Panel, and then select Programs.
- Click Turn Windows features on or off.
- Select Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1.
- Navigate to Internet Information Services > Web Management Tools > IIS 6 Management Compatibility.
- Select the check box for IIS 6 Management Console, and then click OK.